Stalking your Muse.

To pen down your words in the absence of your muse, is like handling those super excited toddlers. You can somehow manage to align them towards a path, but they will keep running wherever they want to..

I have a friend, who is a writer, who apparently finds his muse when he is in water. Be it while he is scuba diving or swimming or simply in the shower. And I know by now, that he keeps a waterproof slate handy. Ha ha. I don't know why, but I find it so romantic and cute!

I remember that from the time I began to get intrigued by sorcery, I used to imagine being an enchantress as well as a companion to a writer. Well! I think I tried my best, and here's what I've always wanted to say to that writer ~

"You wished me in human form, and here I am;
Your words I breathe, break open its dam;
Do what holds meaning to you, and leave the rest;
Don't surrender to the darkness, but surround it's crest.
Embrace me, take me as a refuge;
Make love to me, while I become your muse."

~ Maya

Love your muse, who gives your words a direction and an emotional connect. 
Someday you will realize that every milestone you achieve in your writing journey, was an accolade to that only muse of yours. And when you get stuck, start stalking your muse.

The muses are ghosts, and sometimes they come uninvited.” 
~ Stephen King, Bag of Bones

Comments

Popular Posts